So I was going to upload some photos but it says that I am out of free storage. I don't want to pay to add photo storage. That's what I get for uploading full res photos and not resizing. But still, why is there a limit? Such a bummer. I'll have to work on that problem, but in the mean time, here is quick update.
WE MOVED!
We are officially home owners. It's awesome. And today, we are officially internet-home-owners. Another awesome. So here is how everything went down.
We signed the papers on November 14. Er, I signed the papers. Jon was stuck at work and missed closing! So he had to go over the next day to sign but they still gave me a key. I told Jon it was only mine and I owned the house solito, but he completely missed my teasing him. I think he was too frazzled by work. I guess it wouldn't have worked anyway, since he makes all the money. Details. So November 14 we went to the house and prepped the room we were planning on painting. Luckily, there was only one room that we felt needed immediate attention. We plan to paint the boys room as well, but it's a bit down the to-do list.
The next day, in my madness, I rented a rug doctor and cleaned all the carpets. I hauled the dumb thing and the kids over while Jon was at work and got to work myself. For some reason, I thought it would be quick. Like vaccuming, just whip around the carpet and we're done. Haha! Not so. It took me seven hours. Yes, seven. Seven hours total to clean five rooms, a hall and stairs. I only spent three hours of actual time at the rug doctor. There was actually a timer on the machine, counting hours used so that is a pretty accurate number. But the rest of the time was cleaning the gross fuzz balls of the carpet or out of the water, changing water, etc. And of course, the majority of that time was spent trying to keep the kids from completely spazzing out. Jon came home and painted the first coat on the room while I finished the carpets.
Day three as homeowners we packed our apartment. Day four we loaded the truck and hauled it to the house. We had a few helpers from the ward and they helped out a ton. It was awesome to have a garage to load all the boxes into and unpack them as slowly as we wanted.
From there it was smooth sailing, sort of. We unpacked as much as we could in a few days and then had to get ready for Thanksgiving. In my madness, I signed up for the missionaries to come to dinner at our new house. No one had signed up for Nov 22 yet, so I signed up for that day, thinking we could be unpacked by then. When I was telling Jon, he reminded me it was Thanksgiving. Oh geez. So we switched Thanksgiving celebration locations to our place since the friends we were going to eat with were not in our ward. It all worked out great in the end, but I was kind of frazzled.
I spent the day before and the day of, walking around the kitchen in aimless circles, trying to mentally calculate everything I needed to do and when I needed to do it. I still got the timing off on a few things, but overall it went great. I don't know how I would have made all the food myself. That would have been intense. But it worked great sharing it with friends. It was so fun having the Durtschis and the Rinngers over. The kids ran around like wild hooligans and had so much fun. Sweet Ella took Benson under her wing and kept him so entertained the whole night! I always worry about him having someone. Kids at 2 and 3 just want to run and be crazy and he just can't keep up unless someone takes him under his wing like that. It was seriously so awesome. Vanessa was in heaven with Indie who dressed up with her and ran away from all the crazy pirates. The adults smash talked Obama, learned about loan forgiveness, and purused the Black Friday Ads.
After all the guests left, we got Brig to bed. Benson and Vanessa were settled in on the bed with Jon reading books and I took off to Wally World. I was after a few random things that were completely unexciting. Items like a TV wall mount, McAfee Anti-virus, back-up external hard drive, and a memory foam rug. They only had the hard drive and rug. Plus I grabbed some panties for Vanessa and Candy Land. While in the check-out line, Jon text me saying Brig had been screaming going on thirty minutes. I hurried through the line and dashed home, to try and help. Everyone was settled by the time I got there but Benson was still up! It was pushing 11pm. Crazy boy. Jon went to bed with plans to hit Home Depot before work. Jon scored some killer deals on much needed power tools, to go along with our new house. We have quite the to-do list we are excited to knock out.
I say we, but really, I haven't done much yet. If Jon were to say what my job is, he would probably say I just critique and tell him how to do things, when he is doing it differently than I would do it. Haha. I have lofty goals and do intend to learn how to use that saw. I also have lots of things to sand and refinish.
Jon is drilling away as we speak putting in a special table, measured out specifically for Benson, into the toy room. I am so excited to show it, as soon as I figure out the picture-space dilemma. I'll get pictures up as soon as I can.
2 comments:
Yep, I just want to see the pictures:) Can't wait to see them! I thought you couldn't talk politics with missionaries. Different rules in different places?
Lol...I just did a post about having to upsize. Read that before you do anything!! lol!! I'm excited you moved!
Post a Comment