My parents came into town. It's like Christmas when they come. Quite literally because they LOVE to spoil everyone but also because I get as excited as a kid on Christmas. I was absolutely awful about taking pictures. And then I forgot to download my mom's SD card before she left. This is the only picture I have of my mom. But my dad was also here. We had a pretty chill week. We went down to Branson and hit the outlet mall. Here is the results of that trip. The men loved it. ;)
It wasn't all bad though because after shopping we went to an amazing Mexican restaurant. Seriously so good. We ate well this entire week, lets be honest. I think this was also the night the women dominated in hand and foot. As I am typing this I realized we didn't teach them the new game we had learned, Oh Heck. Next trip I guess. We also ate at Lamberts. A great place where they literally throw rolls to you. My dad was actually talking to Jon at one point and they thought he was raising his hands for rolls and got a roll tossed at his head. We did a bit more shopping, lots of card playing, and tons of eating. We also tried out a great Chinese restaurant called Mr Yens. Some of the best chinese. And of course, we had to get Panera. One of these days, Utah will have that place.
Isn't he a cutie? Love his crazy hair. Though I do wish he would hold still so I could try to trim and tame a bit. Just a bit.
Here are two pics of the upstairs bath. It's the guest bath and Vanessa's bath. Small and cute. I love the blue they chose. It worked out perfectly with the shower curtain we had from our wedding and a brown rug, that you can't see in the pictures.
We also moved the hutch. I like it a lot better here. It isn't as convenient to get around the table but it just looks so much better. Now just to refinish that furniture. That'll be a project.....
Jon went a little crazy on black friday and loaded up on the power tools. I love it just as much as him since now he can make me all sorts of things. Like this awesome table that is custom height and size for Benson in his wheelchair.
We finally opened our last boxes. Our home decor. Here is our massive pile of frames and other randomness. Most of them are black. And of course, our living area is browns now. I'm going to have to paint some and the rest will go in the bedroom, I guess.
We were working on Vanessa's closet and she found these. They are vinyl that my mom ordered for her a while back. She was pretty insistent that she needed them on her walls that very moment. So insistent that I told her later, but she just went ahead and started anyway. Oh well. They turned out cuter than I expected, even if they did make me pull my hair out a few times. Mostly just the long purple one. It ripped in about 10 places and clung to itself all over. It probably took me fifteen minutes to get that one on the wall. The rest weren't so bad though :)
We are seriously over our heads in projects. Not gonna lie though, I kind of love it. I didn't get a pic of the other table Jon made, or his work bench. I'll get those up asap.
1 comment:
All your hard work looks like it's paying off! And that table is awesome!!
Post a Comment