Here is Jon's workbench in the garage. My personal favorite part of the pic is his gallon jug of Hawaiian Punch. You'll also notice the headboard and footboard leaning against the wall, it was a $10 thrift store find. There will be more pictures to come on that later.
Here is our custom design and custom made table. I saw a pin on pinterest showing a board simply nailed to the wall for a behind-the-couch table. Jon turned the idea into a small behind-the-couch actual table, to save the mall. Loving how it turned out. I put one little picture on there for now, but I am still deciding how to decorate it. The main purpose is standard coffee table uses. A drink here, a snack there. We have an ottoman and that is dangerous ground with kids around. But, there must also be decor, right?!
A couple shots from above.
And here is another pinterest inspired project. I saw these and thought, hey, cheap way to make way cute storage boxes. Cheap? Haha. They are custom and match exactly with what I want to do in the room. But it wasn't cheap. The box was an old wipes box from Costco. We already had it and definitely use the wipes in this house, so we won't factor in that $25. But the fabric alone cost $16. And that is with coupons! (a 50% off from Joann's and 40% from Hobby Lobby). It was a lot of work and doesn't honestly look that great. So despite that inner voice in me that says if I make it, it will be cheaper, I think I'll stick to shopping that Hobby Lobby 50% off baskets sale.
Ok, total side note. Jon is not a fan of the colors. The brown is obviously staying. Our couch is brown. The previous owners left all the curtains in the living areas and so I just kind of went with what they had going. There was a green curtain in the pantry area and I thought, well that sure makes my decision easier. Let's just use that green as our accent. The other colors are cream, tan and brown. We desperately needed color and I felt a bold one was good. Jon is not a fan of the bold. Oops. He's adjusting though. At least he doesn't hate the pillows I bought for the couch anymore. :)

No comments:
Post a Comment