I've been coveting built-in mudroom shelving like these examples for many months, since Jon got his job offer to be exact. There are a million examples all over Houzz and pinterest.
So naturally, putting one of these in somewhere, was at the top of my DIY list. I was super excited about the project once I figured out where and how to move the storage that this provided to somewhere else in the house. We had to switch the washer and dryer so the dryer is on the left. They're backwards now, which is only slightly annoying. But that allowed us to put all the wire shelves back in that were taken out before. Bad design. Anyway, then we busted out these shelves.

Next we built a bench and added bead board.
Then we had the fun task of building the cubbys into the space. We built them out in the garage first then took them apart and re-built them into place. I can see why this type of thing is easier before your trim work is up :)
Jon added a design in back
Next we threw on a few coats of nice white paint.
That is as far as we are right now. Next is accessorizing this beauty. That'll take some time so I'm posting this now anyway. We have a fabric picked out for the cusion. And I did see some baskets I like but I might wait on them, just to be sure I don't change my mind. Plus, it's nice to space out the purchases :) We're also adding hooks and a picture. I'm super excited about this. I love the way it turned out. And it just looks SO much better than before!
I should also add that Jon came off like he had no handy-man skills prior to buying this house. Um, what?! He's amazing. He at least appears like he knows how to do everything! I'm so impressed with my man. He's basically amazing :)


1 comment:
Impressive!
Post a Comment