Sunday, February 17, 2013

Valentines Day

I had good intentions, I really did.  I was going to make the cute heart pizzas that are all over pinterest. Sit down and make cute valentines with the kids and mail them off to all the family.  As well as make some cute decor.  We did make some hearts and the kids colored them.  But we never sent them.  And we did get a heart punch and punch out a billion hearts from paint swatch chips.  Then glued them on to fishing line to make heart garland.  I didn't take a pic though. 
And I ultra-failed for the hubs.  It was like a super lame, Happy Valentines Day note on the door as he left for work and I slept happily in my bed.  Actually, I think I was awake, wishing my insomniac children would sleep.  Anyway, I did have a legit excuse.  Since we were flu-plagued, doing anything felt overwhelming for me and the kids. 
I did manage to make these cookies since I made them the day before for the missionaries.  Peanut butter cookies with Reese's hearts.  They were bomb-shell.  We also had some with Dove chocolates and those were amazing as well.  Though not hearts, so not valentine cookies.

Jon got me roses and my favorite goodies.  Which I totally didn't need because I eat them like they might jump up and run out of the cupboard.  Jon just must be okay with a "fluffy" wife :)  But I did love every one of the long nibs that were gone in 2.8 seconds, give or take.

1 comment:

Kellie & Cody said...

You, my dear...will never be fluffy...lol...if I'm getting the correct meaning of fluffy. I've been meaning to answer your question for days.....I'm technically still an employee for dcfs, but alpine school district 'contracts' me out. I'm over 54 elementary schools. I LOVE it!! And Valentines....my parents always got us a cute valentines gift, had us take valentines to family and friends, made boxes...the usual...but they kept parts of it up as long as we were single....so it was always more fun and love than romance!