Sunday, February 10, 2013

Some New Additions

Jon and I sold much of the bit of furniture we had before we left Florida.  It felt more economical to sell it rather than pay to move it.  So, we are slowly replacing furniture and, ya know, getting the furniture we never had.  Like a media center :)
This desk is in our bedroom.  This is the first pic of our bedroom that I've posted.  I took two pics with different exposures so you can get a feel for the wall color.  I love it.  The previous owners painted this room, but I love their choice.  I'm into the trendy grays right now.

The rest of our bedroom still needs some work. The picture frames you can see in the corner are lined up on the wall for the entire house. We haven't quite figured out where to hang everything yet. Jon is also going to build us a very custom bed. I'm excited about it. It's going to be awesome. The colors are going to be gray, black, and blue. I'm slightly unsure of the tone. I was thinking Tiffany Blue but I think that is too green. I kind of just want to go with a baby blue. 
We also got this media center.  Jon assembled it and put some holes in so we could be cord-less!

It's actually a cabinet that we are using as a media center.  We really wanted something light colored, but it was hard to find that in a media center.  We have new flooring ordered that is dark.  So we wanted to lighten the room up with some light furniture.  I still might do some light distressing on this piece so it isn't so stark white.  We played around with it on the bottom and decided it was subtle enough you might not notice.  But I still kind of like the idea of doing it and it wouldn't take too long.  We'll see what we end up doing.
I like the way it looks and I love being cord-less!  My next project is the mantle and I think Jon is going to build some of the furniture on his list.  I'm really excited about the mantle.  I'm just not a fan of that yellow oak color.

No comments: