Wednesday, July 28, 2010

The Belly


It's really more like a giant beach ball I guess. I've felt bad that I haven't posted anything about this pregnancy. I really am pregnant, and doing well. Vanessa keeps me busy and active so hopefully we'll keep the clots at bay this time ;)
The baby is starting to throw punches and kicks, rather than just general wiggles. Actually, I think he is head down so it's probably more kicks because it's usually directed at my ribs. Apparently they get in his way. Guess he doesn't know they were there first.
Anyway, I am feeling super excited and nervous and anxious all bottled up into one. Throw some hormones on top and I'm sure I am Jon's favorite person ;) It'll be interesting to see how Vanessa does with a little one around and having to share attention. She's a pretty spoiled little girl, but she's just so darn cute, how can a person resist?
We're hoping for a natural birth this time around (or at least I am, I don't know that Jon is so particular, he just wants us both healthy). I guess we'll see how that pans out. Natural birth in Florida is, shall we say, unheard of? The hospital's C section rates are around 40% (yikes!). Needless to say, we'll let you know how it goes.
In the mean time, only about 8 1/2 weeks more. But really, who's counting right?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yea, the belly. I haven't seen it for so long. It's not so big as I imagined it would be. You are thinking natural birth but not home birth/random birthing place right? Did you see the CUTE pic of Micah, Macey and Vanessa?

Kellie & Cody said...

Oh man, I love how you call it "the belly"!