So I had my 32 week check up today. Everything is good in my opinion, but my doctor kind of drives me crazy. I am just glad she won't be delivering this baby! I met with a midwife in the same practice at my last appointment. She said she can co-manage my prenatal care with the doctor and then be the one to deliver the baby. Because of the clot though, she can't provide sole prenatal care. For the most part, that's fine, but man oh man, my doctor is so cautious about everything! I guess a lot of people feel that's comforting but it just kind of drives me nuts. It means extra blood draws, extra ultrasounds, and extra time at the doctor's (my least favorite place in the world, I would take the dentist any day).
Here is what bothers me about overly-cautious doctors. If I happen to mention something that I don't think is a big deal, I want them to validate that it's not a big deal. Not make it a big deal. This doctor makes EVERYTHING a big deal. It's just lame and I'm really hoping I only have one more appointment with this lady.
1 comment:
Do you have a clot? Yikes! that sucks! I'm glad that its sounds managable though!! And 32? that is my lucky number--so good things must be in store for you!!
Post a Comment