Thursday, June 3, 2010

Random Happenings in Florida

A few nights ago, Jon and I were out walking by a lake close by. We were walking under a terrace of a building and I felt something fall on my chest. I stopped and looked around (under my belly and everything) but didn't see anything. I told Jon I felt something fall on me, "something big, like a lizzard." A minute later Jon made me stop walking and pointed out the white lizard that was running circles around my back and sides.

Did I mention there are lizards everywhere? All kinds. Black, white, green, brown. Especially after the rain storms.

The rain storms are fabulous. When it rains, it pours. It is definitely weather you wait out though, because they usually don't last too long. There is always lightening and thunder too. The best kind of storm.

At night, there are lots of toads by the lakes. It's just kind of weird to see these huge toads all over. Jon says the ones in Brazy were about ten times the size though (disgusting).

The ducks are ugly. They are a cross between a turkey, a vulture, and a duck. There is a lake directly across from our apartment so we get them coming over all the time. There was a family of baby ducks when we first got here though we haven't seen them in a while. Vanessa loved them! There was the mom and five ducklings. All the babies were black and ugly like the mom except one and he was yellow. Kind of funny that the "ugly duckling" was actually the cute one!

This is the last one I can think of right now, but it is a classic. You know how when you go to the beach, the people who wear the most revealing things are usually the ones who shouldn't? Well, while my mom was still here, we all went to the beach one day. There was a black guy who was abnormally large. I'm not kidding I think he is THE LARGEST man I have ever seen. He was also an exhibitionist. We decided he had to have some mental problems because he was laying on the wall facing the street (not the beach). He was actually facing a restaurant across the street. A restaurant that had an outdoor seating area. He would slowly lose his pants, down to his ankles! It was the grossest thing I have ever seen. I actually tried to get someone to stand with him in the background for a picture but my mom wouldn't let me. I just didn't think anyone would ever believe how large this man was. So needless to say, I have no picture and no proof. But it's probably better that way, right?

No comments: