Thursday, June 3, 2010

Cute Things Vanessa Does

I decided I needed to write some of these so I don't forget...

The other night, she when she woke up around 4am, I went in to get her back to sleep. I laid down next to her and she cuddled up next to me. I turned my head away so I wasn't breathing on her. She reached up and pulled my chin towards her until my forehead was touching hers. Then she closed her eyes and went to sleep.

A different night, I went in to check on her when she woke up and she was stuck between the mattress and the bed rail, standing straight up. It was actually really funny. I have no idea how she got that way.

She likes to go outside and go for walks in her stroller. She tries to climb in her stroller all the time. If we take her for a walk while it's hot though, she gets really ticked and wants out in about two minutes. So she cries when we won't take her out and then cries if we do. Explain that to a one-year-old.

She loves giving kisses. She has figured out how to close her mouth, most of the time. But she's very loving and very sweet.

When she gives hugs, she pats you on the back.

She squeaks all day. And lately, when she is whining, she whines like a little puppy. Her favorite animal is definitely a dog but I don't think she's ever even seen a puppy so this she thought up on her own. She just sounds like a puppy.

She walks in circles a lot. She'll start to go one way but then decide she really did want to stay where she was, so she walks back. Or I guess that is what is going through her head.

She loves to play with the door stoppers. She closes the doors, then flips the stopper until it comes off. She has also learned to pull the plastic cap off the stopper as well. We are constantly picking up door stoppers and caps and putting them back on.

She really likes people and smiles at everyone. But if they try to touch her, she shakes her head at them and either grabs my leg or snuggles into my shoulder. She does not like strangers touching her. Today she actually swatted a lady's hands away.

She finds dogs in books now and barks at them.

She loves to empty the bottom drawer of the changing table. It has all her pajamas and shoes. She likes to throw them all over and then sometimes she'll put them back. Just to throw them out again.

She has learned to quack like a duck. There are tons of ducks (ugly ducks) and she is fascinated by them.

She has the cutest giggle I have ever heard and she snorts a lot!

No comments: