Jon had New Years Day off so we took the kids to their very first movie at the Theaters. They honestly didn't even know what a theater was. Because at first they didn't want to go and we had to tell them what it would be like. I forgot to get a picture at the Theater with everyone but here is our embarrassingly large portions of left over snacks. We absolutely loved the movie. Brig stayed awake and silent through the entire thing! He sat on Grandpa's lap and ate popcorn and drank Pepsi. He's an addict. It's seriously a problem. Benson got really scared during the snowman fighting scene and said he wanted to go home. Vanessa kept covering her eyes and asking my mom what was happening. And Benson almost started crying at the sad part at the end (I'm not saying specifically in case anyone hasn't seen it). His lips were quivering and his eyes were brimming a bit.
Dinner on New Years Day we had Mongolian Beef. It's Jon's favorite and most requested dinner.
There were two days that Jon still had to work so one of those days we took the kids to Chuck E Cheese. I know a lot of parents hate this place but I think it's worth the $10. I don't have to argue with my kids about getting a ride on the rip off toys placed around shopping malls, etc. Now I can simply say, we'll go to Chuck E Cheese sometime. Vanessa's favorite this time was the tunnel and Benson loved whizzing around in his chair collecting tickets people left behind.
1 comment:
I still love Chucky Cheese!
Post a Comment