On Sunday, there was a crazy storm. Church was canceled for -26 wind chill, along with tons and tons of snow. I think around 8 inches. It was hard to tell because of all the snow drifts. The plan originally was to drive up to KC on Sunday night so Jon and I could go to the temple on Monday. Well that storm pretty much obliterated that plan. We still had a special dinner on Sunday night with our all time favorite bacon wrapped shrimp. It sounds good, but when you add pepperjack cheese it just about knocks your socks off. My parents both loved it as much as Jon and I do. On Jon's Birthday we decided to brave the cold since it had stopped snowing. The plows had come through our neighborhood so we figured things would be decent. Haha wrong. I slid off the rode into one of the giant steel cables and mangled our new van. Yes, shed a tear. It was sad. The damage was all cosmetic and not too bad really. But it still hurts. We took on the elements to go bowling. Another first for the kids. I rocked the house with my bowling skills. The kids had a serious advvantage with their bumpers and a ramp, but seriously? I'm ridiculous. After bowling, my parents took the kids to McDonalds. Jon and I went to the dollar theater and saw Ender's Game. Another good show. Kind of funny that we had never been to the theaters here in Springfield and then went twice in a week.
For the birthday dinner, we made a mock-off of Applebees salad. It was pretty fabulous if I do say so myself. I also made a yellow cake with chocolate frosting. I had saved like 12 egg yolks from an angel food cake I made so I wanted to use them up. This was a perfect opportunity. I thought it was a really good cake. Cake isn't usually Jon's first choice but he's a good sport with my culinary experiments. And I make him his fav chocolate chip cookies quite often.
I wanted to get him a new grill for his birthday. My dad and I went and shopped around a bit but we decided to see if we could get Jon's grill working. We did! Yay! But now I was idea-less for Jon's birthday. Boo. I still haven't fulfilled that birthday gift but we are leaning towards a router table.


No comments:
Post a Comment