Saturday, November 9, 2013

Gymnastics

Vanessa had her first gymnastics meet as a part of the pre team on Nov 4.  I think I may have been more excited than her.  I was excited to see her do her routines and see where she was at.  We arrived at the gym at 8;30am.  They did beam first, then floor, vault and finally bars.  There were four teams competing.  There were four level 1 four year olds.  (they broke the categories down a bit much this meet but they did each level and each age).  Vanessa took third overall.  She actually has some pretty incredible skills but she was quite distracted this time.  Some highlights were when she decided to start hopping like a frog and jump on the vault mat like a tramp.  She doesn't have her routines quite memorized yet.  And I don't think being gone for the entire month of November is helping.  I would love to see her embrace gymnastics and continue to compete to the upper levels.  I think she has an amazing talent for this sport.  But I am trying my darndest to not pressure her and let it be something she WANTS to do.  She definitely enjoys it and she is one tough cookie.  I am so proud of this girl.  She just makes me fabulously happy.









1 comment:

Justin and Toshi said...

WOW! That is impressive...she looks so little out there! Hopes she continues to like it!