Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Festivities

Once we were out of the hospital, we laid low for a few days. But we did start to get cabin fever by Saturday so we went on an outing to Scheels. It's a new sporting goods store in Sandy. It has a Ferris wheel, shooting games, restaurant, giant fish tank, and tons of taxidermied hunting game.


After, Jon took the kids to his brothers to watch a game and I went to Ikea with Steph and my mom. I wanted to get a giant expedit but decided it would fit in our car with all our other stuff. So I resisted. Just as well, it's cheaper not to buy something. And maybe I can have Jon teach me how to build my own ;). I did buy a few things and I'll post pix when they're assembled.
On Sunday we did a dinner with Brady's and had a cousin gift exchange. Nicole made Benson and Brigham cute car mats with pockets for the cars. And Vanessa got a cute Fancy Nancy jewelry box. Jenny and Steven also gave us our Christmas gift, a gift card to Texas Roadhouse. Shauna gave all the kids their Christmas pajamas and dresses. 
On Monday, we had an appointment with the surgeon and everything looks good. It worked out amazingly well that this surgeon worked with a surgeon for 8 years in Birmingham. He said they do gtubes identical and getting follow up care with her would be just like seeing him. The best part, she is now at Washington University in St Louis where Benson's neurologist is.






 




No comments: