Tuesday, May 21, 2013

CoSleeping

If you let your kids sleep in your bed, sometimes things get a little crazy up in here.  It can turn into a space war.  Jon took this pic before leaving for work one morning in the wee hours.  You can't see Vanessa and Benson super clear, but they each have an elbow or fist in the other's face.  I know a lot of people think it's super crazy to let your kids in your bed, but I still don't regret the decision.  There are downsides, but there are with every choice you make as a parent.  Vanessa and Benson both start in their own bed.  Vanessa wonders down around midnight most nights.  Sometimes she makes it through the whole night and sometimes until 3 or 4.  Benson we obviously have to carry in.  But he usually wakes up and asks to come to our room and I feel bad saying no, when Vanessa and Brigham are obviously in there.  We haven't even bothered to set up the crib this baby.  We usually had some type of crib apparatus set up when Vanessa and Benson were babes.  But with Brigham I finally admitted that it was taking up space and we don't even use it.  I just worry too darn much when they are bitty and don't sleep well unless they are right next to me.  It's been a good solution for us.  This time in their lives will pass so soon and I'm going to miss being kicked in the face in the middle of the night.  Ok, maybe not the kicking, but probably the cuddles.

No comments: