Friday, May 18, 2012

Kids Say the Darndest

Benson grabbed his nipple, squeezed, and proudly declared "MILK!"

Benson started shouting at me out of the blue "potty."  So naturally, I asked if he needed to go potty.  He said yes.  I asked him if he wanted to go sit on the potty.  He said yes.  I shrugged, picked him up and took him to the potty.  He sat there so proud.  Telling me over and over.  "Sit potty."  "Sit potty."  He didn't want to get up.  I finally suggested we move it into the other room where everyone else was and he agreed that would be okay.  I set the potty down, put Benson back on and he sat there all proud again.  Vanessa walks over to me pouting.  "I can't ever share my little potty because it's special."
Ensues potty dance.  After a minute I decided she really did have to go so I moved Benson.  Vanessa sat down and sure enough, went a little peepee.  After being de-throned.  Benson was upset and started whining to me.  I asked Vanessa if she was done.  She told me, "No.  I'm pretending I have a lot of peepee."
*Post edit:  I put Benson's diaper back on when I took him off the potty.  Once Vanessa decided she was done pretending, Benson wanted back on.  I just left his diaper on but sat him on the potty.  He stayed there for a while and then proudly declared.  "All done."  I nodded at him and said "all done?"  I just kept on doing my thing for a few more minutes as he continued to say "all done" over and over.  I finally went over and sure enough, he had pooped.  Course it was in the diaper, but he definitely knew he had to go and definitely wanted to go in the potty.  Smart kid I tell ya.

Someone handed Vanessa a plastic cover piece that hooked into a circle.  They told her she could play with it and she declared it was a necklace.  She continued to say that she would wear her necklace at her wedding to get married and she would go to the temple.  She walked a few steps away, said she was now at the temple and needed Benson to come stand by her so they could get married.

Whenever we are playing pretend, Vanessa likes to give everyone fake names.  She usually will make up random syllables, that are never the same.  Nana, shelala, niniayla.  Most of the names sound identical if we are named right after each other.

Vanessa told me when she grows up she wants to have a big bum too.

In the store, walking past a really large woman, Vanessa said, "Mom, she has a big bum too!"
*Note: apparently my daughter thinks I have a big bum

Jon was looking at some pictures we had printed up.  Vanessa walked over and asked to look too.  Jon told her she could but he would hold them.  "Do my hands have germs?"  Vanessa asked.  "I go get han sanisizer." 

Vanessa was mad because I had told her no for some random thing.  She walked over to me and mid-cry, touches Brigham's head and said, "He's so cute."

We took Jon's motorcycle to Florida, but ended up selling it while there.  This was a year ago mind you.  Vanessa told us the other day that she wanted a ride on dad's bike.  We told her we left it in Florida.  "I want to go back to Florida and ride dad's bike."

2 comments:

Kellie & Cody said...

Those are fabulous! lol :)

Justin and Toshi said...

Too cute! I love the silly random things kids say! Hang in there...wish we lived closer so we could have play-dates!