Thursday, April 26, 2012

It Is Usually Through Another Person That He Meets Our Needs

I have always loved the quote "God does notice us and watches over us, but it is usually through another person that he meets our needs."  Although I have never really applied it to my own life.  I have a REALLY hard time asking for, and accepting help.  Call it pride or independence, it is what it is.  But lately, I am realizing that life is going to teach me to ask for help.  I am also realizing that my son is going to need help, and from more people than just me.  I am doing him a disservice my not letting him get all the help he needs.  So here are a few pics of some recent help we have received.

Benson's wheelchair was purchased with the help of all our family and many friends.  We are so thankful to them! It is such a blessing for Benson and he is getting better everyday.
 


 The Families of Spinal Muscular Atrophy is an organization that sends out care packages to all newly diagnosed families, among doing many other things (like research for a treatment or cure!)  You can't clearly see everything in the pictures, but there are tons of toys, Bumbo, Radio Flyer, Fisher Price swing, Pillow Pet, Lamb skin, homemade blanket, and a "snugglie."




 While I was taking pictures I had to take one of this.  My sweet friend, Molly, sent me this blanket for Brigham.  It's freakin cute fabric and it's that minky stuff that you can't help but love.
I also have to mention how amazing my parents are (both sets).  My mom gives so much of her time helping her kids and now grandkids.  I think she is busier now than she was when we were little, still taking care of us!  My dad and my father-in-law have helped us drive cross country more than once, since we are gypsies.  We are sure blessed to have such amazing family and friends!

1 comment:

Kellie & Cody said...

Dang you Lynette...I have teared right up! This is a beautiful post. Thanks for having such a good attitude and an open heart. I'm glad It just helps remind me how wonderful people can be!! Please let me know if there is anything we can do!!