Friday, April 13, 2012

Easter and Other Musings

 17 days old
 23 days old.  Proof he is getting so big; in every picture his hair is already moving farther back on his head and getting thinner.  He loves his pacifier.  I may have a binki baby.  Loves being held or in the Moby.  We definitely love him and his cuddliness!
 Such a cute little man.  He is so sweet.  Seriously, this guy deals with a lot and does it so patiently.
On top of everything, he is finally filling in those gaps with his I teeth; all four! He loves balls, cars, trains, and pink.  The latter much to his dad's dismay.  He got his wheelchair (pictures forthcoming) and is learning how to steer.  I can't believe how quickly he has picked it up.  Benson loves to be included in everything.  He plays whatever Vanessa plays and copies everything she does.  He says "pease" and "dank ou" or "danks" to everyone and for everything. Most polite 19 mo old ever.  He talks incredibly well, as I have said 1000 times already.  He can ask simple questions, such as "Where dad?"  When the sentences get a little mor complex, he just goes with the key words.  "Mom, walk, dog, outside."  Meaning: I want to go for a walk outside to see the dog. He's pretty amazing for sure and I know he has amazing things in store for him.

Ha ha, I love this picture.  Vanessa is definitely our little butterfly.  I don't know that we could have picked a more fitting name (Vanessa means butterfly in Greek).  She is full of life, love, fun and energy.  She definitely has an extrovert personality.  She loves to play with other kids and any kid is automatically "her friend."  She loves being around her cousins and having friends to play with so often.  She loves to run, jump on the tramp, play in the sand, ride bikes, and generally do anything outside.  She is full of spunk and sass and we love it.  I can see a lot of my own personality in her, so I hope that goes well for both of us.  Some cute things she has said lately.
At my parents, some men were outside working on the yard.  Vanessa was leery of them at first, but decided they were okay after awhile.  She proceeded to stand by them and talk with them, she was there a good ten minutes when I went over to try to save them.  She told me, "Mom, you go inside.  I am talking to the guys."
Here in Logan, they have a tramp in the ground.  Vanessa has never been on one of these.  Watching her get on was hilarious.  She stared at it for a while, then cautiously stepped over the springs and bounded onto the tramp.  Immediately hollering with delight, "I did it!"
A few weeks ago, my  mom and I got in a small car accident.  No one was injured, but it took forever to get everything squared away before we could head home.  I unbuckled Vanessa and Benson to stop their incessant hollering and had to take Vanessa outside to see the damage done to the car.  She is still talking about grandma's car's "ouies."
We did celebrate Easter this year, although apparently we failed to capture it in pictures; on our own camera anyway.  We'll have to still some pictures from my mom.  On Saturday morning, we went to Baby Animal Days in Logan.  The kids LOVED it.  I think holding the ducklings, chicks, and bunnies was the biggest hit.  Saturday afternoon we did an Easter egg hunt with the Purdy family.  Becky helped Benson look for eggs and he loved it.  Vanessa surprised me with her ability to find them, and quickly.  I don't know why she can't ever find her shoes, or her jacket or anything else I need her to find.  Brigham slept through it in the Moby.  We had a fabulous dinner, with the Purdys as well.  On Sunday, we went to sacrament meeting with the whole family, then left Vanessa there for nursery and took the boys home.  I'm really not ready to take Brigham to church, but since it was Easter, we felt we should.  Vanessa loves nursery and chose to stay so my mom brought her home.  Then we headed over to the Bradys.  We had an egg hunt with them and another fabulous dinner.  All in all, we had WAY too much candy and WAY too much food.
This year with Easter, I could not help but think of the resurrection and what this means for Benson.  I am so grateful to our Savior, that he would atone for our sins, die for us, and be resurrected.  I can't end without sharing this quote.  Pretty much sums up my feelings exactly.
“For reasons usually unknown, some people are born with physical limitations. Specific parts of the body may be abnormal. Regulatory systems may be out of balance. And all of our bodies are subject to disease and death. Nevertheless, the gift of a physical body is priceless. …
“A perfect body is not required to achieve a divine destiny. In fact, some of the sweetest spirits are housed in frail frames. …
“Eventually the time will come when each ‘spirit and … body shall be reunited again in … perfect form; both limb and joint shall be restored to its proper frame’ (Alma 11:43). Then, thanks to the Atonement of Jesus Christ, we can become perfected in Him." from Ronald A Rasband's talk, Special Lessons.

No comments: