Vanessa discovered this hammock and she loves it. She wants to get in and spin all the time. This morning we had this conversation as she was spinning.
Vanessa: "I miss my daddy."
Me: "I miss daddy too."
Vanessa: "I no want go to church."
Me: "You don't?"
Vanessa: "No. I want to go to the store."
Me: "The store?"
Vanessa: "No. I want to go to Target."
Me: "Target? What's at Target?"
Vanessa: "Grass."
Me: "oh."
They both love their otter pops. They melt slower here, which actually works in our favor.
Benson makes a ginormous mess and I had to dump water all over the deck. You can see his legs are all red from crawling through the red sugar water.
I was totally excited to make goo. I saw the idea on pinterest (my new love) and couldn't wait to try it. The picture above is right after I poured the borax/water into the glue/water. It immediately starts forming into a giant glob. You pull it out and this is what you get.
I think it's pretty sweet.
We also helped grandma pick tomatoes out of the garden. Vanessa helped pick a few and then decided she just wanted to have us hand them to her and she put them in the bucket. Probably better, she grabbed a couple orange ones. Benson sampled the tomatoes as well as the dirt.
He only thought they were cool until his teeth popped them open and he got a taste. He would spit it out pretty quick at that point. But they must have looked really enticing because he tried like three or four.
Vanessa cracks me up all day long. She is at the age where she just has funny, random things to say. Lately, the monsters and the dinosaurs have been after her. She also likes to growl at us and then tell us we are scared. She LOVES all the attention she is getting from grandma and grandpa and cousins. My mom has to put her to bed every night now, which isn't the worst thing in the world, until grandma isn't around..... But I guess we'll just deal with that later.
Vanessa has started to look after her brother. She still does get a little jealous occasionally but she definitely loves and cares about him. Whenever we go anywhere, she always says "Benson come too." There are certain toys that are Benson's and no one but her is allowed to take that toy from him. And when he cries, if I don't get to him right away, she will walk over and rub his fuzzy little head and say "it's okay buddy." If that doesn't melt your heart, I don't know what would.
Today she would run up to us, yelling "I'm gonna get you." Then do a little tickle thing and we would scream "aaaahhh." After doing this a dozen times, Benson started screaming with us and rubbing his hands down his temples. Kind of like an oh-no motion. Funny boy.
Vanessa went to a new nursery today with no problems, though she was definitely ready to go when I picked her up. And Benson slept through 1 1/2 hours of church. Needless to say, it was the most church I have listened to in a LONG time.
Benson still refuses to stand. Not really sure what to do about that one. He just doesn't use his legs in general but his arms are like freakin macho man. Or michelin man, one of the two. He has the funnest personality. He loves to dance, clap, entertain, flirt, and just generally be happy. Though he will always let us know when he is ticked. I have also noticed lately that he prefers men (except I am still the favorite, ha ha). He warms up to the guys way before he warms up to the ladies. Benson loves to play in the sink and usually cries when I pull him away after being washed. He is also starting to learn his animal sounds. I don't think he knows any except dog, thanks to the neighbor's dog, but he will repeat them after us. He is also saying "do" (as in dog, without the g) followed by "ru" (as in ruff without the ff).
I feel pretty lucky to have these kiddos. Someone asked me their ages the other day and when I replied 2 and 1, they said I was brave. I think what they really meant was crazy, but honestly, I wouldn't have it any other way. I think they will totally love and look after each other as they grow up together.











1 comment:
Nothing wrong with crazy and brave. And really, you're only going to be crazy for like 3 years, and then you will be SMART.
Post a Comment