Monday, August 10, 2009

Two Month Check-Up...A Little Late

Vanessa finally had her two month check up. She is actually closer to three months...oops. But she is doing great and the doctor said she is really healthy. She is now 22 1/2 inches long and 11 lbs. 14 oz. Her height is about the 26 percentile while her weight is somewhere around 55 percentile. Hm, do you think she has short parents?
She also got her first immunizations. I'm slightly paranoid about the whole vaccine ordeal so we are using Dr Sears alternative vaccine schedule. She gets all the shots, just not as the American Academy of Pediatrics has you do it. So this visit she got the rotavirus liquid and DTaP shot. She's had a rough night and mostly wants to be held but we're getting through. We have to go in a month to get the other shots she didn't get this visit. I guess we'll see if this works out for better or worse. The idea is that the reactions are less severe, you know which vaccine they are having a reaction to, and they get less aluminum at one time. But maybe the trauma of having to go in every month will be too much for me :)

3 comments:

Brian and Kristy said...

I hate when they have to get shots. Ethan looks at me like I've betrayed him every time they stick his legs. Hopefully as Vanessa gets bigger, it'll be easier for her. It seems to with Ethan. I hope she starts feeling better soon!

Poulsen Family said...

The alternative vaccine schedule sounds interesting; could you send me some info on it? You can send it via email me through facebook if you like.
Thanks!

Kayc said...

Ditto to the Poulsen family....oh and I also really want your moms fruit leather recipe. Could I maybe get that from you? :)