Tuesday, January 27, 2009

4 Months From Today....!!!!

Our due date is exactly four months from today! (But who's counting right?)
Some odd things I've noticed about my pregnancy....
-You're actually pregnant for ten months. 40 weeks=10 months. I often wonder where nine months came from?
-My body temperature is through the roof and Jon isn't much a fan of cuddling at night cause I make him so hot.
-Sometimes it literally feels like this baby is running, jumping, somersaults, acrobatics, you name it. The "quickening" phase, or "light flutters" only lasted about a week. Even Jon has been able to feel her bouncing off the walls for a couple weeks now.
-I was actually excited for cravings after going through morning sickness. The idea of enjoying food again sounded wonderful. Cravings haven't been so strong, which has been disappointing. But I definitely do enjoy food now.
-I already feel like my stomach is stretched to its limit and I get what I call "growing pains."
-Some of the books I've read say the mood swings calm down in the 2nd trimester, but I think mine just started in the 2nd. (maybe that is a question for Jon though). I watched Notebook a couple weeks ago and cried the entire two hours!
Needless to say, pregnancy has been a crazy experience. I think it will go better the 2nd time around, when it isn't all so new!

5 comments:

Kayc said...

LOL, I forget all the crazy things that come with being pregnant. Don't you just love it??? :)

Heather said...

Its a hate/love thing when you are pregnant....But I just loved it....when the baby moves its the best thing EVER!!!! and it just more and more fun!!

The Masons said...

You are so cute pregnant! What golds gym do you go to?? The proformer is amazing! IT basically just pilates but you do the moves on the machine so there is resistance and it makes everything way harder, its hard but so worth it! Let me know if you ever want to come try it! Maybe after you have your baby or something:) Its free the first time!

The Masons said...

Oh i see. Are you guys in Provo for good, or just going to school?? I don't know, it is pretty strenuous and alot of it is core work so it might not be the best... but who knows.. find out and let me know!

Becca said...

Ha Ha I love the things that people say about pregnancy but I won't really understand till I got through it right!?