Monday, January 11, 2016

Jon's 33rd Birthday

Jon hit the big 33. It was quite possibly, the worst planned birthday I have given him yet. But, he was a good sport and says he still loves me! Either way, I still feel way guilty. But, as soon as he got home from work the kids wanted him to open presents.
Vanessa made him some cute gifts with paper. ("I always make paper gifts Mom.") His parents sent an awesome new BYU hoodie and a 34" axe for splitting wood. I got him a ratchet. Because I'm awesome. 
Why is buying gifts for spouses so dang hard? I feel like the pressure to "get it right" is really insane. Because 1) they know if you return it. 2) all the money comes from the same place so if it doesn't get used, it feels like that money was already used. Does that make any sense? So with both these in mind, a surprise is still nice and thoughtful, right?! But how?! And, if the gift is especially pricey; that should be discussed beforehand, right? Anyway, on to the party.....
Jon decided to let the kids decide what we should do. I was thinking chill at home, yummy dinner (I at least planned that). But they voted for Chuck E Cheese. So the Cheese it was.


After, we did go have the yummy dinner. Which was beef with broccoli. It was quite yummy. I also made cookies and finished them around 8pm. Just writing this post makes me feel guilty all over again. Don't worry, Fathers Day will be extra special. Although my parents are bringing a good surprise for you in Feb ;)


No comments: