August 31, 2015
Brig: "Dad, what are you going to dream about?"
"DAD! WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DREAM ABOUT?"
Jon: "I don't know."
Brig: "Are you going to dream about Mommy? And Jesus? And how we can't poop everywhere?"
August 2015
Me: "How is your treat buddy?"
Benson: "Will you eat it if it's good?"
Me: " No, I was just asking."
Benson: "Oh. Then it's good."
Sept 6, 2015
Brigham is holding Rapunzel Barbie, stroking her hair.
"Mom, I dreamed about her last night. I kissed her because she is pretty."
September 18,2015
Benson: "Mom, do you want to know the name of my caterpillar? Its name was Fuzzball. Its last name was -----. Its third name was Mickey. And its other name was Mickey Mouse."
September 22, 2015
Benson: "Mom! I found a frog. I need you to catch it."
Me: "ugh. ok."
Benson: "It's over there Mom. It only has one eye but I love it anyway."
Me: "It only has ONE eye? Benson! Ew!"
Mom: "I know you're not a fan of catching frogs. But you can do it. Go get some gloves."
I told Jon about this little conversation and he told me they were talking about this the other day. How we still love animals or people, even if they aren't perfect; or maybe missing body parts. Vanessa even made up a story about a little boy named Benson, who had a whole bunch of animals that were missing body parts but he still loved them anyway. Because he is like Jesus.
September 22, 2015
Benson: "Mom! I found a frog. I need you to catch it."
Me: "ugh. ok."
Benson: "It's over there Mom. It only has one eye but I love it anyway."
Me: "It only has ONE eye? Benson! Ew!"
Mom: "I know you're not a fan of catching frogs. But you can do it. Go get some gloves."
I told Jon about this little conversation and he told me they were talking about this the other day. How we still love animals or people, even if they aren't perfect; or maybe missing body parts. Vanessa even made up a story about a little boy named Benson, who had a whole bunch of animals that were missing body parts but he still loved them anyway. Because he is like Jesus.
Benson started preschool at the Nixa Early childhood Center. He loves preschool. I also make him do "circle time" at home with Brig and Vanessa. At first he told me, "Mom, I don't like homeschool. Preschool is a lot more fun." About a month later he said, "I guess homeschool is kind of fun." And then another month he said, "Mom, preschool is really fun. But we don't really learn anything."
November 2015
Benson and Brigham are comparing Halloween candy. Benson has a Lightning McQueen sucker that Brig really wants. Brig is begging and bribing. Benson finally sticks the thing in his mouth and says, "Too late. It has my slobber." Without missing a beat Brig says, "I like your slobber!!" With a huge smile.
November 2015
Brigham: "Mom. I want to tell you a joke. Why was the cat in the road?"
Me: "I don't know. Why?"
Brigham: "to get hit by a car!"
Me: "That's so sad. Why did he want to do that?"
Brigham: "because he wants to died."
Me: "oh."
Brigham: "Mom, what if I bit your nose off?"
Me: "ouch. It would hurt. I would bleed and cry and look funny."
Brigham: "Mom. Let's count my teeth."
Me: "1...2...3.........."
"You have 10 on top and 10 on bottom!"
Brigham: "yay! We did it!"
November 17, 2015
We are talking about "being clean."
Jon: "How do we be clean?"
Vanessa: "Take a bath."
Jon: "Very good. How else?"
Vanessa: "Repent."
November 23, 2015
Brigham: "Dad, let's see what temperature you are." Brig holds a yardstick up to Jon.
Brigham: "woah! You're twenty feet tall Dad!"
November 24, 2015
Vanessa and Brig are playing that they are stray dogs ice skating.
Brigham: "oh know! The ice is cracking!"
Vanessa: "This ice doesn't crack."
Brigham: "Are you taping the ice?"
Vanessa: "uh... Yep. {I don't think that's what she was pretending to do but you can see the wheels turning of how to manipulate this situation} And now it won't crack again!"
December 26, 2015
Vanessa looking at her new panties from Christmas.
Vanessa: "Do we need to iron these dad?"
Jon: "No, they're probably fine. Are they wrinkly?"
Vanessa: "No, they're Elsa and Anna."
No comments:
Post a Comment