Friday, September 11, 2015

House

I haven't shared much about the house. It is a big work in progress. Some days I get slightly discouraged by how many things there are I would like to change. Dare I admit, I even get slightly envious when I go visit a friends house that is a more contemporary style. I feel very ungrateful admitting that because our house is beautiful in its own right and it is above all VERY FUNCTIONAL for our family. But it is literally night and day opposite of the style I would choose. I realized this of course when I bought it. Sometimes reality is slow for me though and changes take longer than I think they will. And, let's not forget they're expensive!!!
This picture should be last. Jon randomly decided to frame out a portion of the garage to make an exercise room. It's his current project.
He finished the chicken coop in August. It only three weeks or so longer than we thought it would. 😂😳


I didn't load the finished pic for some reason but it's amazing. He did a really good job on it.
I did a little night time painting on the laundry room. Glad to have that orange out.
We have also been working on the school room. It's looking better all the time!



Most of the things I really like about the house are how functional it is. The sink is a dream. It's the big farmhouse style and I love it. I also love how the counter surrounding it is slightly lower. It keeps the water more contained. It just works. The faucet rocks too. 
I also love the pantry. It's huge. I have no excuse for a lack of food storage now.



No comments: