Monday, April 20, 2015

Easter

Life is still wrapped in the chaos of moving and Easter was no different. It was also conference weekend and I am still trying to catch up on talks that I missed.  Saturday we had two showings so we were basically gone the whole day. We were able to come back home around 3. We caught an hour of conference and then died Easter eggs. They each did four eggs. Last year we did Easter baskets and a hunt on Saturday and I loved that it kept the Sabbath more holy. But that wasn't an option this year so the Easter bunny came on Sunday. Vanessa and Benson woke up and we let them find their baskets as soon as they woke up. But we made them wait to do the egg hunt until Brigham had woken up. After Brig woke up, he looked for his basket. It was coooold outside. And he was wearing shorts and a tshirt for jammies. After Vanessa and Benson had waited a good 30 minutes for Brig, I told all of them not to go out for the eggs until they had jackets on. While I was getting those, Brig busted outside and filled his arms with all the eggs he could hold. Little stinker. It was kind of funny though. He also refused to put warm clothes on so he hunted for Easter eggs freezing his little buns off. I feel really guilty about what a stress mess I am and how I am spending 80% of my time cleaning the house so I tried to make up for that with some more decorative snacks than normal. They didn't take much extra time but the kids thought they were pretty fancy.







No comments: