Friday, April 3, 2015

A Few Highlights of My Last Few Days

Monday I had to take Vanessa to co-op. Our house has been listed for just a couple days and I'm still trying to figure out how to handle the constant cleaning. Before going to bed on Sunday, I cleaned the house spotless including a vacuum and mop. So Monday morn, we got up and got ready and as soon as I could I sent the kids outside. I picked up a few last things and left myself. I put the ramp down for Benson which apparently took the very last of my battery juice. Dead battery. Awesome. I walked to all of my immediate neighbors and no one was home. Okay, so I know one neighbor was home but they are not nice people and I was afraid to ask. I ended up having to call my VT, who came to my rescue. While we were waiting, I asked Vanessa to water the plants but Brig ended up spraying Benson with the hose. Change Benson. Feed Annabelle. Jump the car. On our way. And only an hour late.
I drop Vanessa at co-op and the. Head to Sams Club. I park and unload everyone only to realize I forgot my wallet! The library is close by so we go there instead.as we are walking into the library I get a text from the Realtor that someone wants to see the house. Glad I cleaned the night before because after getting Vanessa, I will have 15 mins to get my wallet and Rocky and make sure everything is picked up. We make it and call it mission accomplished. 
A few hours later I run to WalMart- by myself!!- to grab a few things Sams doesn't carry. I drove Jon's truck. After parking, I sit in the car a few minutes and think of five billion things I need to do as well as try to remember what I'm getting. Then I jump out and lock the door. They are manual locks. I suddenly realize I don't have the keys. Crap. I just locked them inside. And, is that the trucks engine?! Ya, the truck is definitely still running with the keys locked inside. Awesome.
So fast forward to today. There is an agent showing at 9:30. So again, I clean the night before. Brig has been wearing undies on and off and doing ok with it. So I decide to put undies on him. We are going to the park so if he pees, it'll be outside. At 8:30 I sit down to feed Annabelle. Even though it feels early for her to eat; she's pretty sure she's hungry. I have a text from my realtor saying tour is at 9:15. 15 min earlier than I thought but we can do it. Cut Annabelle off a little early but she's satisfied for now. Everyone's ready. Brig pees all over the kitchen floor. Change Brigham and mop the floor. Put Benson in his power chair. He heads to get some toys and bits of mud fall out of his wheels. Send Benson outside. Vacuum floor. Find Brig on the counter eating a banana with a single bite out of four plums. Load everyone into the car and head to the park. I have to take Rocky. I tie him up somewhere. He starts whining. Of course. Annabelle is crying again because she's hungry again. Move Rocky to a new spot. Sit down to feed Annabelle. Benson comes over and has to go potty. I stop feeding Annabelle and take Benson potty. In the bathroom, I laid Annabelle on my nursing cover and strapped her onto the changing table. That won't work when she starts rolling. Maybe a stroller will be necessary. Potty business done. I finally feed the poor child. The rest of the day was fairly uneventful. Until we heard that the septic repair on the house we are buying will cost $6800. Yikes! Now we have to negotiate who is going to pay that with the sellers :( 
It's been crazy chaos around here for sure. But some fun things going on too. Annabelle smiled several times on Sunday morning(at three weeks to the day). It was during a time that she was awake and looking at us so it was the real deal. She is also smiling tons in her sleep though too. It always makes me wonder what they are dreaming of. 

With the high humidity, Brigham's hair is curly and adorbs. 



No comments: