Friday, October 24, 2014

A Trip to Utah

I failed to take hardly any pictures while we were in Utah.  I took a handful on my phone but even left my phone a lot so that didn't even happen often.  I knew I would be sad for not taking more, but we didn't bring our smaller camera and I don't really like hauling our big one around.  Not just because of size, because of Price! :)  So here are a few pix and I'll just have to write about the rest.  These are from the Museum of Curiosity.  It's a new-ish museum that has opened at Thanksgiving Point for kids.  It is 1000x better than the one that was in Salt Lake.  This one was highly impressive.  We were there for nearly four hours and my kids loved every second



 This was a hurricane simulator and Brigham's reaction was so funny we kept making him do it to try to get a picture.  I think some of the other moms thought it was really mean.  Haha.

 We also went to Wheeler Farm.  I thought it was fun and thought my kids loved it.  They got a tractor pulled ride, a little cow train ride, a hay maze, pick a pumpkin, and checking out some farm animals. The hay maze was perfect for the kids, in my opinion.  You could see adults over the top but couldn't see young kids.  But the kids also couldn't weave through the corn and completely get lost from you.  It was short enough that even Brigham could walk through it the whole time.  We tried a corn maze with the Brady clan and it was basically ten minutes of sky high anxiety before we pulled the plug and hauled all the kids out.



 Benson absolutely adores his cousin Sam.  He wants to be with Sam at all times.  And Sam is cute enough to be totally okay with it.  He plays with Benson and makes him feel like a rock star.  Don't they even look like cousins, too?! 
 It's always hard splitting time fairly in Utah and I don't know if anyone is ever completely pleased but we got to spend quite a bit of time with both families.  With my family we went to the museum and Wheeler Farm.  Becky also watched the kids for us one afternoon so we could go to the temple with my parents and then met them for dinner at Mandarin.  yum!  We also had a girls shopping day with me, Becky, and my mom.  I was able to find some sweat pants for Benson that have draw strings!  Thank you  H&M!  With the Bradys, we spent lots of time hanging out at the Brady home, after we welcomed Steph back from her mission.  We were also able to be there for her homecoming talk and the open house after.  We went to a pumpkin patch/corn maze with everyone that was also a lot of fun.  The week definitely flew by and I can hardly believe we are back to the nitty gritty in Missouri.  Visiting Utah always makes me want to go back.  Coming home to our lack of family kind of makes me a little trunky.  I know some people are able to build friendships that are as good as having family but we haven't found that yet.  Maybe it's just because our family is irreplaceable ;)

No comments: