Jon had to go to a camp out for scouts last weekend and I knew my sanity wouldn't last if I didn't find something to do. Luckily, Springfield Outdoor Days were going at the lake. It rained all morning and we almost didn't go but I had told the kids about it so it was a done deal in their mind. I'm glad we went because it was really fun. They had two bounce houses. One was just a jumpy one and the other was an obstacle course with a slide. I took Benson through and heaved and shoved Brig over and around what he couldn't do himself. I'm sure I looked ridiculous.
They had lots of hunting things for kids to try. Sling shots, bow and arrows, and shot guns (with nerf bullets). Vanessa counted ten different animals that they got to pet and milked a pretend cow. The picture of Benson talking to a lady cracked me up. Benson wandered over to her booth. She started bringing him the pictures of birds and telling him a little about each one. He nodded at each picture and looked so intent on learning about each bird. It was really cute. Vanessa has gotten to be such a great helper at things like this. She really looks out for her brothers and helps me with both of them. Benson's grip is fairly weak and he is constantly dropping things. Both kids are really good about picking stuff up for him. We all do about 100 squats a day, haha!
We'll be glad when the next two weeks are over and church demands settle down a bit. And then our trip to Utah is just around the corner! Hopefully, we all stay healthy!!!







No comments:
Post a Comment