Monday, June 2, 2014

Parents in Town











The week my parents were in town was chill but lots of fun.  The highlights included playing at the park, roasting marshmallows in our new firepit, catching turtles, going to the movie (Rio 2), playing games, and just spending time together.  Brigham is papa's boy and wanted nothing to do with anyone else the entire week.  He loves, loves, loves his Papa.  Vanessa is a Grandma's girl and wanted Grandma to do her hair and pick her clothes and read her books.  It's kind of a nice break for me and fun to see them have a relationship with their grandparents.  It's a very different relationship than what I had with mine, but something I want very much for my kids to enjoy.  I wish we lived closer to them, but we feel lucky that they are able to fly out a few times a year to spend some time with us.  Hopefully one day we'll be closer to them.

No comments: