After this we went to our ward pioneer day celebration. They had a picnic at the park and then had stations the primary kids could go around to and play pioneer activities. Jon and I joined in so Benson could join. We did some serious square dancing. I was the luckiest girl to get two partners (Benson and Jon) and Benson had a giant grin on his face the whole time. I think he liked it. Although their most favorite was "panning" for gold.
Monday, August 5, 2013
SMA Run
Back on July 27th Jon and I helped out with a 5k run/1 milk walk for SMA. It was a lot of fun. I wasn't much help with the preparations but I showed the day of the race and tried to be helpful. One day, I won't have three very needy toddlers and a house to remodel and then I'll be able to do other things. :) A family that just happens to live just down the street from us recently lost their 10 month old son to SMA. He was type 1, diagnosed around 3 months old. It's such a cruel disease. I count my blessings every day that Benson is a type 2 and "strong" in the SMA world. I can't imagine losing him already. At the race, they had face painting and Vanessa got butterflies. Jon got pictures of her reaction while looking in the mirror and they are quite possibly my all time favorite. Benson didn't want his face painted at the moment, then changed his mind later but the line was insanely long so we had to leave to go to our next activity. He was upset for the whole next week that we didn't let him stay to get his face painted. We owe him big time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment