I seriously remember writing a post about the fourth of July but it's nowhere to be found. It's the weirdest thing. Maybe I dreamt it.
So, for the fourth. I looked for a parade around town but couldn't find anything. I am guessing since they have a Christmas parade that July is usually just too hot. That afternoon, around 3, we went to our friends, the Daughertys for a little get together. Around 5 it started pouring rain. So, we canceled all other plans and just chilled for a while. Then we went back home around 8. Our neighbors all chipped in on fireworks and we had an awesome firework display. The boys were done by about 9:30 so I just took them to bed while Jon and Vanessa continued watching then went back out after they were asleep. There are no restrictions on fireworks here so we had the real deal going and it was fabulous. I loved that we were at home. No traffic. Take the boys to bed and then go back out. I can live with no parade for a firework show like that. We did sparklers with the kids another night and contrary to their faces, they did enjoy them. And no one got burned! yay!
1 comment:
Ohhh, I love trees...but honestly...that does look much better! Opens up the house! You guys are busy bees!
Post a Comment