Monday, April 1, 2013

The Drive To Utah






Plane tickets to Utah are ridiculous.  Or maybe it's just plane tickets in general.  Flying is not so affordable these days.  In light of this, we decided to drive.  It was nervous.  Because Brigham is at that age, the hard-to-entertain-in-the-car age.  He had a hard time, but did okay considering.  I took these pics along the way on my iPod.  Vanessa did great on the drive there.  She was so excited to see her grandmas and cousins.  She could hardly stand it.  We left after work around 5:00pm Friday night.  We drove until around midnight, stopping in Grand Island, NE.  Right by our hotel was a state park called Mormon Island.  We didn't have much time to look around, but I'm fairly sure it's really cool.  We were stocked up on goodies, as you can see.  I think I mostly consumed the entire bag of peanut M&Ms by myself.  They're my fav.  :)  It felt like it took forever, but we finally saw my favorite almost-home-landmark.  Devil's slide.  I remember always looking for this rock formation whenever we went on road trips as a kid.  It means home is only about a half hour away.  A beautiful sight at the end of a 19 hour drive.
 

1 comment:

Kellie & Cody said...

Ok! I love Devils Slide but can't remember where the heck it is.....glad you had a safe drive! You're right....flights are pricey!