Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Easter

When we scheduled Jon's time off to go out to Utah it was November of 2012.  And the night before the meeting, we decided we better throw an idea together of what we wanted for vacation.  We knew Benson needed a dr appointment at Primary's so we based our trip around that.  Feb/March time was about right, add in that Brig and I had birthdays, bam, last two weeks of March it was.  We didn't even bother to pull out a calendar and see that Easter weekend would be the weekend we would be traveling.  But, such is life.  So, we drove for most of Easter Sunday.  We did however, do small Easter activities and of course, had a good discussion (as good as it gets with 4 yrs and under) about the TRUE meaning of Easter.  I mentioned in my Utah week 1 post that we died eggs with the Purdy fam.  I did fail to mention though that we died eggs and did an Easter egg hunt with the Bradys as well.  We did this on Friday.  It was H-E-C-T-I-C.  The boys, for whatever reason, decided it was a good time to play some ball right as we were busting out the egg dying.  So it was the chillins and the women.  Never enough hands.  Anyway, we hid some eggs and the kids found them and also died eggs.  I was trying to take pictures and help Benson find eggs and it didn't work.  And Vanessa was upset because she wasn't as fast at finding the eggs as the other kids and they were taking too many!  Haha.  I honestly don't know a good way to do an Easter egg hunt fairly across the ages without making each kid take a turn to run and grab one egg.  But that hardly seems fun.  So I guess it is one of those things you just have to deal with until you are older and faster.  Maybe by next Easter we can convince Benson a power wheelchair is a good idea and he can just beat everyone, or run them over.
Here we are trying to get everyone together and going on the egg hunting.  Restraint is nearly impossible once you have stepped outside.
 

 Brooklyn makes the craziest faces for the camera all the time.  This kid cracks me up!

 I love how when they're really young they are happy with an egg in each hand.
 I debated whether or not to wake Benson from his nap for the hunt but decided that I would.  He was pretty groggy and I probably should have just let the poor kid sleep.  I didn't think he would want to miss it, but it was hard to tell if he enjoyed it or not.

Before Jon and I left Utah, I stopped by Wal Mart and grabbed a few Easter things.  When we got home on Easter Sunday, I tried to distract the kids while Jon hid eggs and baskets.  Er, I mean, the Easter bunny somehow knew that we wouldn't be home until late so he waited for us to get home and then hid eggs and baskets for them.  I don't know if they bought it or not, but they saw Jon's shadow from the bedroom and that it was daddy outside.  I tried to convince them it was the Easter bunny and if they looked, he would take all the eggs back.
 Brig just looks exhausted, poor kid. 

 I think Vanessa thoroughly enjoyed being the oldest and getting all the eggs she wanted, though she did well slowing down to let Benson get some too.
 A basket!  Or bucket, whatever.  And a car!  Always a favorite!






 The last egg.  Collected together. 
I'm not sure who got what, since I make them share it all anyway (I know, I'm mean). But the toys were binoculars, jump rope, a car, frog ball thing, and bubbles.
On Monday, I watched several of the Bible Videos with the kids and we talked about why Easter is special and learned about Jesus.  I feel like we kind of missed Easter this year, but I've felt that way with most things.  It's just always so crazy and I can't seem to get my act together.  Hopefully by the time the kids start to notice, I'll have this whole three kids thing figured out.

1 comment:

Kellie & Cody said...

It does sound hectic...but fun!