Sunday, January 6, 2013

My Life with The Hubs

There are a million love stories, but I like ours the best.

Jon and I met in a fairy tale like story.  We met on June 19, as he was boarding a plane to propose to his girlfriend.  I took his ticket.  He never proposed but came home and asked me on a date.  June 26 was our first date.  And on August 1 he put a ring on my finger.  Our engagement was a bit longer, so we could wait for a school break.  December 29th we sealed the deal and became Husband and Wife.  It was an easy decision just eight months later, September 2008 we were pregnant with our first baby girl.  Vanessa Brady was born on May 20, 2009.  Imagine our surprise when we found out we were pregnant again just seven months later!  We moved to Florida in May 2010, It was just four short months later, on September 15, 2010 that Benson Matthew Brady was born.  Loving having the kids close in age, we decided to have another and were pregnant just nine months later.  We moved around a bunch the next year, following Jon from state to state as he did clinicals.  Benson was diagnosed with Spinal Muscular Atrophy Type 2 in February 2012.  Brigham Robert Brady was born March 20, 2012.   We finished all our galavanting around and  finally settled into Springfield, MO.   Jon officially became my sugar daddy and we bought our first house! 

I can hardly believe how much has happened in just five years.  I can hardly wait to see what the next fifty will bring.

Jon is such a amazing person. Lets be honest, you pretty much have to be to survive living with me :). Jon has spent the last 4+ years studying like a wild man.  He has put in long hours, for us.  Because really if he didn't have the responsibility of family, he would probably make his living fishing in Alaska.  I'm glad he likes us enough to stick around :) the last few months have been a breath of fresh air, being done with school. But they have been intense.  Work had a pretty steep learning curve getting used to the way they run their OR.  He has been exhausted and still has to come home to  all the responsibility that awaits him here. I feel so blessed to have him and all that he does for our family.  He works so hard for us, but he doesn't see working as what defines him.  He would rather hangout with us any day.  He takes extra shifts when he can, but he isn't a workaholic.  I love that he values his time with us more than money. Especially while the kids are little. They love playing with us now, but it won't last too long.  
I love Jon's spontaneity.  It is a good balance for my lack of it and reminds me to lighten up. I love his humor, and all the movie quotes that I never guess.  And how about all these carpenter skills I never even knew he had!? He is a many many talents and I'm still learning about all of them.
Jon has amazing understanding and insight into the gospel.  He has a very strong testimony and continues to teach me new things about the gospel all the time.  Jon is also one of the least critical people I know.  He rarely criticizes me or friends or family.  He is an amazing example to me and makes me strive to develop this quality better. 
I'm also a  big fan of his butt :) 
I'm sure glad this guy has managed to put up with me for the last five years and even plans to stick around for eternity! 

No comments: