Friday, September 28, 2012

Little Buddy Turns 2!

 Our little man is two years old!  I know every mom says it and it's a total cliche, but where did the time go?!  I am getting teared up just thinking about what this last year has meant for Benson.  At his last birthday, we still didn't know what Spinal Muscular Atrophy was.  At one year, Benson was at the peak of his strength.  We have been through a lot of ups and downs with this little guy through the last year.  There are a lot of things we still don't understand about this disease and a lot of unknowns.  But everyone that meets him will tell you there is just something magnetic about him.  There is something amazing inside of him.  I feel so proud to me his mom and so incredibly inadequate. 

 



Sorry for the crazy picture arrangment.  We started the day off with opening presents from Grandmas and Grandpas.  It worked out rather well since they sent birthday gifts with our moving truck.  Bradys got him a super cute sandbox (it's the gray box).  It's small and perfect for our little apartment.  Purdys got him that cute little guitar and the train with the numbers.  They are both touch screens so Benson can easily push them.  These toys are actually pretty awesome for all three of our kids.  Brig even gets into it.  We chilled most of the day and made his cake.  We had friends over for cake and ice cream that evening.  We ran out of time so we opened a few more gifts the next day. 
Benson loves cars and trains.  You can tell he has an older sister because he talks with them and has little conversations rather than the typical boy crashes and noises.  One car will drive up to another and say hi, the other says hi, they do a little mumbling and then drive off together.  It's pretty cute.  I know I say it 1000 times that he talks incredibly well.  But I tell people he talks really well and then when he starts talking, they are still blown away.  He literally talks better than several of the boys in nursery who are 3.  Full sentences.  Good structure.  I'm not lying or exagerating.  He's amazing. 

1 comment: