Vanessa loves silky nightgowns. It is literally all she wants to sleep in. Her favorite is her "horsey nightgown" which we have all seen way too much of. I made her two new nightgowns recently. Both were from the same tutorial but I did slightly different things on each. I like different parts of both. Put them together and it would be a pretty decent nightgown. I got the purple fabric from WalMart for $3.75 and the flowered one was a robe at DI for $5. It's chemise silk so I feel like that was pretty cheap. Plus I didn't have to hem because I used the already hemmed edges. Bonus!
I also made Vanessa this Rapunzel wig. Her cousin Brooklyn had one so I decided to give it a try. The yarn nearly made me crazy trying to get it all cut and braided but she loves it so it was worth it. Poor Benson kind of gets the shaft. I haven't made anything for him. I just get more excited about girly stuff. Sorry bud.

My parents laughed at me when I said we were going to feed the ducks. Ducks fly south for the winter, right?! Wrong! Not if they are domesticated ducks anyway. These guys are fed year round, I am sure, so food is not a problem for them.
Benson having a stare down with one of the geese. He usually loves throwing the bread but he just held on to it and stared at them this time. Possibly because they just kept getting closer and closer and were really big.
My mom is amazing at spoiling her grandchildren. I kind of feel like I get spoiled too because it gives us new things to play with. One thing she has always done is buy four of the really cool toys. If she thinks the kids will really likes something, she will get one for each family. She had quite a few of these stored up for us since ours are about three years behind the older group of grandkids. Today we busted out one of these stored up treasures. Vanessa has played with her cousin's before and loves it. She was so excited to have one of her own! Of course she believes that is "hers" and not "ours" but we are working on that.
Benson enjoyed the mini screwdriver kit I used to get the battery compartment open for a good ten minutes before he got into the car business.
The track is kind of wiggley and the cars run on battery around and around. They go really fast for just one little AA battery.









No comments:
Post a Comment