Friday, December 30, 2011

House Time in St Louis

It felt weird to experience cold again.  But cold with toddlers was something I have never done before.  I felt like I was constantly looking for new ways to entertain the kids on cold and rainy days.  We spent tons of time going on walks, feeding the ducks and throwing rocks in the water before it got cold.  But once winter settled in, the plans had to change.  Here are a few things we had fun doing that filled our days.  One day after I had stripped the bed to wash the sheets, Vanessa wrapped herself up in the mattress cover.  I have no idea why, but she just wanted to lay there.  I left her there and about five minutes later, she was out cold.  And out cold for about three hours.

 We tried making "moon sand" as seen on pinterest.  It didn't work for us.  Too many weird divisions in the fractions just didn't come up with the right proportions I guess.  But, the kids still had a blast playing in our "kitchen sand box."
Sometimes while Benson napped, Vanessa and I would work on making ornamnets for our "Christmas Tree."  It was actually brown paper bags I cut up and spray painted green.  But we had lots of fun decorating and getting covered in glitter.  Benson helped us put stickers all over the bottom when he was awake.
I swear my daughter really does wear clothes most of the time.

We bought the kids some hats and gloves and went out for a walk one day after a couple days of rain.  It was nice to get out of the house after several days of rain and gloom.  Vanessa was pretty excited to wear her boots in the puddles.  And Benson chilled in the stroller and enjoyed the fresh air.
Don't you love her outfit?!
Finger painting is absolute joy to toddlers.  My kids don't actually paint much.  Vanessa at least smears it on the paper.  Benson mostly smears it on himself.  But they absolutely loved it.  From the kitchen, we went straight to the bathtub, but even then there were several places that managed to be bumped with fingerprints.  Luckily, it all came out with no problems.



1 comment:

Unknown said...

You just reminded me how much FUN it is to be messy for kids...we'll have to make a mess sometime on a cold day!