Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Farewell to St Louis

There is no question my blogging has slacked off really bad lately.  We have done a lot of really fun things, as well as had the usual bummer days, as well as really fun days at home, basically life.  Full of its good days and bad, its ups and downs and everything inbetween.  While things have been slow and just a basic life with two kids for me, regular clinicals for Jon, it has also had this crazy chaos to it.  It feels fitting being right next to the Mississippi.  Apparently no one swims in the Mississippi (other than how dirty and gross looking it is) because there are crazy undercurrents.  You would never guess that from looking at the surface.  I kind of feel like that is our life right now.  It's slow and normal but then just crazy as well.  I imagine this is life for a lot of people and it will most likely be life from here on out, part of having kids I guess.
So how about some of the fun stuff. Back in November, the St Charles ward, which is our friend's ward, had a daddy/daughter dance. My friend was in charge of taking pictures so I tagged along as well and took some pictures of Jon and Vanessa.  They had so much fun and it was so cute watching them teach each other some dance moves.  Vanessa doesn't look too happy in this first pic, but she was just exhausted by this time. 


I had a really hard time deciding the settings I liked.  The lights were out, in a gym, the most un-ideal picture taking scenario possible.  Needless to say, this are less than ideal pictures.  And, we have no photoshop.  What do you do?
For Thanksgiving, we drove down to Oklahoma City to spend it with my sister's family. My parents also flew out and it was total blast. It was an 8 hour drive and getting there was no big deal. We mostly drove through the night :) We did fun things while there, like another hot chocolate taste test, went to the Science Museum, played with NEW toys (new to Vanessa and Benson that is), rode bikes, and made a fabulous dinner (props to my sister who made the best turkey I have ever had). It was mostly just really nice to be with family. It's kind of lonely (during the days, I'm lucky to have Jon around at night!) being on the road so much. Family has a way of making it all better though.






So apparently that is all the blogging that is going to happen for now.  Benson woke up from his random power nap and Vanessa is hungry.  So, I will get back to this in a few days.  Probably after we are in UTAH!  Woot woot!

No comments: