So this house we are currently renting was NOT baby proofed before we arrived. I have removed most everything out of the main floor living room and put it all in storage. This one is a little trickier to do something with though. The crazy thing about this incident was I was in the kitchen cooking. I could see them and hear them, but I couldn't see the dirt. There are tons of leaves in there so I figured they were playing with those. I'm sure it started that way, but the dirt is way to enticing I suppose. I was so worried the carpet would never come clean. That dirt is black. But, three cleaners later, I don't think you can tell it was there.
| Vanessa will get down and crawl with Benson probably a couple times a day. It's the cutest thing. I love watching them become friends. Vanessa definitely takes care of him. |
| This little man now has 8 teeth. Glad they are all in and we are done with endless crying nights! |
| Another nightgown day at the park. I bet she wears this at least once a week for a full day and three times a week 1/2 day. She literally loves this thing. I think it's the silk. |
| She loves to jump. We also tried the tape train/car track. It didn't interest them yet. Except Benson just wanted to rip it all up. |
| He also randomly loves these sunglasses. |
Vanessa always makes sure Benson is coming places with us. Whether we are going to the store or going downstairs, she will always tell me we should bring him too.
I mentioned that Vanessa love playing games on the iPod. Well she can fully operate it as well. She turns it on, slides the lock off, scrolls through the pages to find her games, picks her game, plays her game, etc. The only way to keep her off would be to use a lock key. But, I'm still undecided.
Vanessa says the cutest things all the time and I wish I were better about writing them down. The other day she was trying to convince Jon to do something for her. She always does this. So Jon suggested they do it together. Vanessa started singing the song from Wonder Pets, "what's gonna work? Team work. What's gonna work, team work." Jon and I both busted up laughing.
Her imagination has taken off so much lately. I think we played mama horsey and baby horsey for a full two hour nap of Benson's the other day. I love imaginery play and hearing all the random, wild, crazy things they come up with.
Benson is an absolute charmer. This boy has that little sparkle that melts my heart over and over again. He loves books, balls, and cars. He also loves anything Vanessa has and loves to do whatever she is doing. He loves to make all kinds of funny noises, his favorites are growling and snorting. He likes to throw his food, whether he is done or not, he just likes to throw it. Then he stares at it on the ground, almost like he's contemplating gravity or something. As I mentioned before, he loves animal books and animal sounds. He can do a gorilla, elephant, tiger, and dog. Though he will never do them on command. I feel he is very smart and learns very quickly as well as being a good observer. He's very tender and if he knows we are teasing him, he puts his head down and pouts! He is still having trouble with his poor little legs, but I won't really post on that for a few more months. It'll be a long one, hopefully filled with happy news!

2 comments:
I have the same phone dilemma with Lily. I only have a couple games on my phone so she doesn't ask for it too much, but when Jacob is home it seems like all she wants to do is play games or watch Phineas & Ferb.
you guys are so cute and your kids are getting so big! miss you all! where will you guys be right after thanksgiving?? cause me and the kids are gonna be in utah for a week! and then again in february.. one of these days we need to get back together:)
Post a Comment