I should probably save this post for Friday, the official day of 7 months, but who knows if I'll have another opportunity. Benson is getting so big I can hardly believe it. He is a much bigger baby than Vanessa was. He is sitting up, as you can see, but he still falls over quite a bit. I'm still not comfortable sitting him up and walking away. Supervised sitting only. I started feeding him solids around five months. I gave him rice cereal maybe three times and he just wasn't going for it. But he loves the "real" stuff. He went crazy for Mangoes the other day, so we'll have to be getting him some more of those. He is completely over the "colicky" phase. He doesn't get awful bubbles like he used to and can usually burp himself now. Hallelujah! And, he can even tolerate me eating and drinking milk products! Oh ice cream how I have missed you! And you better believe I have had ice cream every day for the past week.
Benson loves his sister to death. He smiles at her and loves to watch her play, or just grab whatever toy she is playing with. He has a pretty good grip on him too. Speaking of grips, he LOVES hair. Vanessa's hair is the ultimate temptation but he'll take what you can get.
He is still not sleeping through the night. If I did some sort of sleep training, I could probably force it, but I'm still willing to let it happen when he's ready. I guess that means I don't miss my sleep too much yet. I haven't slept through the night in almost two years....what's a few more?
Benson has recently found his tongue. He likes to curl it up and touch his top lip and say na na na na. It's really cute. He also says ma ma ma. Which I think is interesting since I haven't heard a da da da yet. Just shows who is the favorite I guess ;)
Benson loves bath time and has really enjoyed our first trips of the summer to the pool. He loves to splash and will even relax laying on his back. He also likes to drink the water when he gets a chance (yuck yuck yuck!)
Benson is extremely ticklish and has a giggle that will make you laugh no matter what mood you're in. He also has a smile that can melt the coldest heart. He's got this look that makes you feel like you are the only thing that matters in the world.




1 comment:
He looks so different to me...no more big double chin. Older baby. That's crazy, where does the time go? I don't even know him! I so hope you guys can come to OK.
Post a Comment