Thursday, February 24, 2011

Always Good For A Laugh

Vanessa has started saying the funniest things lately.  The other day, I went running with some friends at the park.  On the way to the car, I was holding both Vanessa and Benson which was giving me a good draft of myself.  I commented to Vanessa "whoa, Mommy's stinky."  Vanessa parroted, "Mommy stinky.  A poo poo!"
Which brings me to another point.  Am I the only person that talks in third person to their children?  It drives me nuts that I do this, because I don't want Vanessa learning to talk in third person, but I can't seem to help myself.
Another random, I've really been trying hard not to teach Vanessa to fear things, specifically animals.  She wants to catch EVERYTHING.  And, usually I tell her to go catch, knowing that she can't.  Well, she proved me wrong the other day when she brought Jon a LIVE spider.  Guess she can catch things.  Well, Jon picked it up with a tissue and threw it away.  I'm sure he explained some sort of yucky explanation while doing this.  Vanessa now enjoys picking anything black and yucky looking off the floor with a tissue and throwing it away.  Recent items: a pile of black thread on the carpet and an old raisin at the park.

Benson is growing like crazy.  I've been trying out the rice cereal a little more and realized the other day his obsession with watching us eat is not about the food.  It's all about the utensils and putting things in his mouth.  He still hasn't figured out the tongue movements for using a spoon.  But he sure can drool over sucking on the spoon.  His drool is crazy.  There are rivers of it.  He loves, wait, make that a need, needs to have something in his mouth almost 24/7.  He attacks things.  At the beach with some friends the other day, he was attacking me.  Trying to eat my shoulder, my dress, anything.  I'm pretty sure everyone thought I must be starving the poor kid, but he had just eaten.  He just didn't have anything in his mouth at the moment.  Benson did learn this little trick from his aunt, he satisfies his sucking needs this way occassionally.

3 comments:

Hale-O There said...

I do need to call you back!!! I wish you lived here so I could have a walking companion and in a few months maybe I could slowly jog;) Miss ya.

Unknown said...

I think Vanessa's comment was pure valid considering who she was talking to. Just kidding!! Good boy Benson.

No Lymits said...

I am not claiming responsibility for him doing that I am sure that he came up with it on his own. They are adorable though.