Thursday, November 4, 2010

well child or sick child?

We scheduled well child checks last week. But, my kids are not well today so it turned into a sick visit. On the plus side, I didn't have to pull out the shot records and have that awful debate about which shots to do this time. Ugh. Also on the plus side, both kids are healthy-ish. As in lungs, throat and ears all look good.
I like our pediatrician. He is kind of hard to follow, so I have to really pay attention, but he is really conservative with medicine so I feel pretty good about his recommendations. Benson is still colicky in the evening so he gave me a list of like 8 different foods to avoid. Some of them were new to me and some were already on the no no list, so hopefully things improve.
So any guesses how big Benson is? He is 7 weeks as of yesterday. He was 6lbs. 15oz. at birth and 6lbs. 9oz when we brought him home from the hospital. Today, he weighed in at a whopping 10lbs. 9oz. You go boy!
And Vanessa has gained a decent amount of weight too. She is 20lbs. 9oz. (exactly ten pounds more than Benson, I thought that was interesting).

No comments: