Saturday, March 27, 2010

Vanessa and More

I've been meaning to update things for a while but it's been kind of crazy, so I haven't had a chance.
Vanessa finally got some teeth. This is actually old news because she has had them for a month but I've been trying to get a picture. Still unsuccessful. Anyway, she has her two bottom teeth. They came in together and are her only ones but she makes the most of them. She can bite through crackers and fruit sticks (the gerber ones). She thinks she's pretty cool.
She has also started crawling. She has been scooting for three months but a couple weeks ago she started crawling as well. I was pretty surprised because I didn't think she was going to crawl. She was pulling herself up to furniture and even walking around it before she crawled. But she has no interest in walking alone or with assistance and she won't stand on her own either; even though she has shown us a few times that she can. She is also starting to climb, to the death of me. She makes me nervous but I don't want to be overly paranoid and have an overprotected child. She gets stuck a lot though :)
Mimicking is a new favorite trick. She is doing little things more and more. She can pick up the phone and will say "hi da." She brushes her hair and her teeth with her new toothbrush. She tries to open doors and loves turning off the lights.
She is absolutely spoiled to death. With 6 adults in the house, she gets held probably the majority of the day. She loves loves loves attention. She loves her aunt Steph, uncle Ryan, uncle Matthew, and adores her cousins. Her grandma Purdy and grandpa Brady are probably her favorite (often over me, sadly). She saves the best laughs and giggles for daddy, of course. I'm more than a little nervous for how traumatic our move away from all the attention is going to be. At least there will be about 4 1/2 months adjustment before the new baby comes.
Speaking of new baby, that is going to be a crazy adjustment for sure. I'm definitely nervous about having TWO babies, 16 months apart. We aren't the first parents to do this though and we won't be the last and most seem to survive. It probably won't be our last time having kids close together either. Birth control isn't an option for me, and I've decided I probably wouldn't use it if I could. My opinion of it is less favorable now the more I hear about it.
The last couple days I have been feeling that strong desire not to be pregnant. I'll take another baby, just can't the stork bring it like in Dumbo? Being pregnant is no party and I'm sick of getting shots every night. Though I should count my blessings it isn't twice a day anymore.
Enough whining, though it's a surprise, we are absoulutely ecstatic to be having another one. It gets me that much closer to being done with my child bearing years anyway ;)

No comments: