We went to the pediatrician yesterday and here are the stats...
She is now 8 lbs 1 oz (the goal by two weeks is to be back at birth weight...7 lbs 6oz....but she was way over that and chubbing up!
She is 20 1/2 in long...she has grown an inch!
Length she's in the 57th percentile
Weight she's in the 35th percentile
Head circumference she's in the 37th percentile
She also had to get her 2nd PKU, which she hated. It was rather sad. But the doctor said she is very healthy and doing great!
We also had to ask about sleeping on her stomach...she hates sleeping on her back. She wakes right up whenever we lay her down but if we put her on her stomach...she can sleep like a champ. I have been terrified of putting her on her stomach though because of SIDS. The doctor said he did have to say back is best, but some babies really do prefer their stomachs. No one really knows what causes SIDS, we just have a bunch of "risk factors" and "they" say belly sleeping is one of them. He felt like having your baby too warm and having things in the crib were bigger "risk factors" though.
So today we tried out the belly sleeping for the first time. Jon put her down around 9:30 and she slept until noon! That is 2 1/2 hours! She hasn't slept in her cradle for that long ever! Granted...I only left the room for about ten minutes because I'm paranoid and had to watch for her breathing and listen for her noises. And I wanted to see if she would move around a lot. I guess we'll give it a try tonight and see how everyone sleeps.
2 comments:
Wow you are doing great little mommy!! Sounds like everything is going just as it does for everyone!! Congrats and I will be over to meet her soon!
And how did the sleeping go? It worked huh?! Can't wait to see her in real life!
Post a Comment