Let's all be honest, parenting is tough work. I question myself all the time and I really hope I'm not the only one. At first, I felt all this pressure becaue EVERYONE gives advice. It wasn't pressure to do what other people thought was right, but not wanting to screw up my child because what they said to do was completely opposite what I was doing. Well, I have finally come to the decision that I can't care what other people say, or what advice they give. And for my own sanity so I don't go crazy wondering if what I am doing is going to make bad habits or cause permanent damage to my child, I sometimes find myself tuning people out. But here are my confessions of things that I do "wrong"
Vanessa often sleeps in bed with Jon and I
When she isn't sleeping with us, she is sleeping right next to us in her cradle that is literally and arm's length away.
I let her set our schedule. She eats when she wants, she sleeps when she wants and I try my hardest to oblige.
She sleeps on her belly, she absolutely will not sleep on her back
As long as the diaper is only wet, not messy, it stays on all night. It doesn't get changed until about 7am.
I hold my baby a lot...if she's awake, she's probably being held.
She hates her carseat so she's only in it when we're in the car. I use a sling or carry her at the store.
I try not to let her cry. "Crying it out" was harder on me than her.
She's healthy and happy and I'm actually surviving so it can't be all bad. I'll deal with all the bad habits when they come.
4 comments:
Hahaha, good post. I think that everyone does things they said they wouldn't. We'd all be lying if we said we didn't. I don't change Comptons diaper all night either.....he's fine. Oh and I sleep him on his tummy. You'd be surprised, alot of mommies do it. LOL You're a GREAT mommy!!!!
You are seriously to funny. Parenting is hard and you are doing a great job! Everyones has different advice cause every kido is different and each one requires different things. Even your next one will be diff from this one. I always say if it works don't fix it!! Keep it up, I've seen you with that baby girl and you are a great mommy!!
Your kid is ruined for life!!! So kidding...something tells me she is going to turn out just fine!!!
Agreed with the belly sleeping-lots of babies do it, I've asked. And about advice-if you just take it with the mentality that they are sharing what they like to do because they like to share with other people what they do it's just interesting, not annoying. There's some advice for you:)
Post a Comment