Sunday, May 17, 2009

The Hospital Suite

Well, we're still in the hospital. The doctor decided with so many things that can potentially go wrong, he felt more comfortable keeping us here. We have another ultra sound on Tuesday to look at the clot. We'll look at the results from that and then decide when to get this baby here!
It's kind of a crazy cycle. We need to get the baby here to really fix the clot. But I'm not at all dilated so I'm not very favorable for induction. A C Section is riskier at this point than a regular birth. And an induction that doesn't go well would lead to a C section. Also because of the blood thinners, they can't even go near my spine with an epidural so I would have to have general anesthesia for the C section rather than an epidural. Oh, and an epidural (pitocin or not) is not really an option during labor either. The other problem is the clot dislodging during labor and going to my heart, so they might have to put a filter in. That means another surgery with just the local anesthetic and two gimpy legs :) They would insert the filter through the back of my right knee. I know it wouldn't be painful, but I'm still a little scared after the last experience.
So, still a lot of details to be worked out. At this point, all we're doing is waiting. Labor starting on its own would be ideal. At this point I don't have a problem with being induced (I definitely didn't want to be induced before all this) and I think I can make it through the pitocin without an epidural. I think the increased risk of paralysis would be a BIG motivator :)
I think we have a two week window from the formation of the clot to get baby out and then get the clot out. The two week window is up in six days. If we go over that window, I don't think anything bad happens, the clot just becomes like cement and will take even longer for the body to disolve.
I've really learned a lot about hospitals and our nurses have been so awesome! They take such good care of us. We also have the best room in the house, by far. We're at the end of the hall in Labor and Delivery. We have tons of huge windows and we're up on the third floor so that equals lots of sunshine and a good view. It keeps us sane, we love it!
Thanks again everyone for all the prayers! We'll let you know as soon as we have a baby!

6 comments:

Kellie & Cody said...

Lynette, Lynette, Lynette. With all that we've talked about during your pregnancy--I sure hope you are doing ok!! I am so glad to hear that you have excellent nurses and doctors! Not only has your little one been a trooper, but so have you! I'm keeping you in my thoughts constantly--and let me know if there is anything I can do. Sure do love ya! (In a non-romantic way of course! Hee Hee!)

Kayc said...

Lynette, I hope everything goes well. I will definitely be thinking of you and the baby.

Nessa Burt said...

Hope everything goes well. Keep us updated, and good luck :)

Tiffany and Justin said...

Good Luck Lynette! Hope all goes well and your cute little baby gets here with both of you safe! This is happening to you only because you are so tough! Can't wait to hear how it goes!!

Unknown said...

Hey! I just wanted to be the first to congratulate you- on your blog:)! PLEASE post pictures! I can't wait to come see your little angel! I'm so glad everything went okay. Isn't labor a killer? And then it's done and you forget. hm. Call when things settle down...or I'll just call you later:)

Becca said...

Good luck Lynette! I hope everything turns out good! Keep us updated!