So I am sitting in my office staring at my rather rotund belly, thinking about how huge I really am. I have a turned over box underneath my desk so that I can always put my feet up. My chair is a good foot away from the desk and my tummy still touches the desk. What a sight!
Being pregnant for the first time is a rather interesting experience. I have to be honest and admit that I have had a fairly "easy" pregnancy. I got sick the first couple months but didn't throw up. (I could probably count on one hand the number of times I have thrown up in my whole life. I'm lucky like that). I haven't had serious swelling problems, just occasionally and it can always be remedied. My hips ache, but nothing too painful. My back is sore occasionally but not as I would have expected. My ribs, I'm pretty sure they are bruised and probably permanently damaged on the right side. But I would rather have her kicking and letting me know things are okay than just sleep all day. I have always had a little bladder so I haven't noticed a dramatic increase in the amount I go to the bathroom. I hardly ever get up in the middle of the night. I just refuse to lose out on my sleep and I eventually foget about it and can go back to sleep. Sometimes it results in a sore tummy when I wake up, but so worth the sleep! :)
In the last week or so she has "dropped" and that's kind of interesting. When I sit it feels like she is literally in my lap. Jon says I don't waddle yet, I'm hoping it stays that way. I try to concentrate on my walking so that I walk normal, but sometimes I forget and then who knows what I look like.
Final purchases are coming to an end. We still have a couple things on the list but we're pretty prepared, thanks to my awesome family and friends who gave me all those wonderful gifts at my baby shower!
Oh, there is one more thing that might be helpful....a name. Ha ha, we still haven't decided on that yet. Everyone keeps asking but I'm pretty sure we won't decide until we're signing the birth certificate.
I would have to say we're ready for this baby to make her debut! I guess now we'll just have to wait and see when she feels like she's ready to come out. I don't blame her for taking her sweet time. I have no doubt life is a lot easier inside than out...but hopefully she gets here before June 8.
1 comment:
I am super excited for you. Have you finalized your birthing plans? Hang in there! I remember like a week or so after I had my babe, I swear, I couldn't even remember what it felt like to be prego. I think that was a blessing.
Post a Comment