Monday, March 30, 2009

Quote of the Week

So, Jon and I have a calling with the state mental hospital. We do FHE on Monday nights and they also asked us to come help escort to church on Sunday. So yesterday, Jon and I went and picked up all the residents from one of the units that wanted to go. One lady, she was probably in her sixties, was quite a character. She was quite hilarious the whole time (she wasn't intending to be and maybe I should feel bad that I found her so funny). She was worried that I was cold so she wanted me to wear her coat. I assured her that I was fine, that I have a baby heater to keep me warm. She didn't understand what I was talking about so another brother walking with us clarified that I have a baby in my belly. Her response: "Oh my gosh, that must be horrible! How do you eat?!"
Oh, what do you say to that? I admit, I laughed.

2 comments:

Heidi and Casey said...

Hey Lynette! How are you doing? Your blog is so cute! I'm so excited for you to have a cute little girl! Hey i was looking at your blog and saw your post about flip flops and i loved the flips flops you posted. Is it just a picture or are they ones you have purchased if so I would like to buy some for my wedding so if you could let me know that would be great! Thanks a lot, and its good to see your doing well!

Whit,Tiff and B said...

That is a weird calling. I have never heard of something like that. That's really neat that you and Jon get to go and do that together.