Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Down to Double Digits

I am extremely excited to report that we are officially out of the triple digits and into double digits. Since, only about 5% of babies actually come on their "due date" I doubt the count is accurate, but you know, it gives us somethin! I'm now 26 weeks and I'm feeling HUGE! My belly is probably double the size that it was last month. It's amazing that it can grow so fast! I also fill up exceptionally fast so I spend a lot of nights whining about how uncomfortable I am from being too full. Jon is very patient with this whining though :)

Other than getting bigger and bigger, nothing much has changed. I'm just going nuts, with all the things that WILL change and the fact that I just have to sit idly by and wait for them to happen. I'm trying to just enjoy it all and not wish it away, but I get so anxious sometimes! (obviously, patience is not happening here).

Upcoming events include: Jon not being in school (for a semester), Jon starting a new job, Jon taking the MCAT and applying for med school, having a baby and moving! It's going to be a crazy summer and I'm just waiting for it...sigh...

I am studying childbirth though. Which is quite exciting, to me at least. I think poor Jon hears more about childbirth than he ever cared to know, but he's pretty patient with me :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi there! i saw ya'lls comment on "medical school: a non-traditional approach" and just wanted to offer any help that ya'll might need in the application process for ross u. school of medicine (if ya'll were still planning to apply there :)). my husband and i were married in may '08 and will be attending ross (both of us) starting in september of this year. we're really excited and have learned a LOT along the way. so if you guys ever need anything or have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. :) best of luck in the application process! -brian & brittany kendall

Heather said...

WOW how time flies.....It seems like yesterday that you told everyone that you where pregnant...probably not for you. this part of being pregnant is the funnest!!! the baby
MOVES like crazy!! Its so much FUN!

Anonymous said...

hi again, jon! no... not really because it's in the caribbean. the island of dominica is far from a "scenic and easy" life in the caribbean from what i've heard! the island is definitely "third world" and even though there are some great places to live and wonderful people, it still has its downfalls every once in a while (again, so i read!). we just love their mission statement and the way in which they encourage their graduates to practice medicine. we have had nothing but positive interaction with them through the whole process of applying (people were real jerks about us applying together at some points) and are just very impressed with them. as for residency... as far as i can tell, yeah- it might be harder to get a difficult residency (i.e. orthopedics, derm, etc.) but really- it just depends on how hard you work and what your usmle scores are (just like any other u.s. medical student). we also really like that we won't have to settle for a while and will be able to travel from dominica back to miami and then up the east coast somewhere for 3rd and 4th year. anyways- our email address is on our blog page if you guys have any more questions! i've done a lot of research and at least know about the applicatin process, so don't hesitate to ask!