Monday, July 27, 2015

Cake and Ice Cream

Another homeschool activity. It happened to be right after Pioneer Day but I didn't have the materials I wanted to incorporate it all so it was just learning about ice cream. And, we saw Curious George make an oven to cook something outside so we wanted to see if it would work.
I had them each prepare their own baggies of ice cream and then we shoved them all into the same #10 can. I knew I saved these for a good reason!
Then we used mugs to make a cake. They each got their own mug. I didn't dare use eggs so we simply skipped that ingredient and I didn't exactly have them measure everything carefully. It was a bit chaotic with all of them doing their own. Brig and Benson thought it was really funny to blow on the cocoa and watch the dust go everywhere.

Cocoa dust face.
Here are our cakes in their "oven"

Then I put Annabelle down for a nap and we got to work on our ice cream.
Vanessa and I rolled it back and forth. She used her slippers to keep her feet warm :) Rocky was sent to time out because he kept trying to eat the cake outside and wouldn't leave the ice cream alone either. He doesn't really fit in that crate anymore.
Here is the finished product. The ice cream was pretty yummy. The cake--was a little funny :)
The kids also got their toys back. I had collected everything that was left out one night and hid it. Benson noticed after a few hours but it took Vanessa over a day before she missed anything. We are definitely in need of a toy bailout.






No comments: